This is awesome for summer barbecues, almost like ice cream and cake rolled into one. You could add any fruit you wanted really- I just like this combo! It’s nicked from Good Food magazine.
284ml pot of double cream
85g/3oz of caster sugar
juice and zest of one lime
200ml creme fraiche
200g Philadelphia cheese, at room temp
85g/3oz digestive biscuits/gram crackers, crushed into crumbs
250g/9oz strawberries, hulled
1) Whip cream, creme fraiche, cream cheese, sugar, zest & lime juice. Freeze in bowl for a few hours so it sets a bit.
2) In a spring tin, arrange fruit along the bottom in whatever pattern you like. Spoon mix over the top.
3) Make the base by melting the butter in the microwave, then mixing in with the biscuit/graham cracker crumbs.
4) Spread the base all over the top of the cake. Try to press it on and get it as flat as you can.
5) Freeze again (I find overnight is good for a lunchtime BBQ), flip over to remove bottom that will become the top and the ring. Ta da!