These are seriously tasty and so easy. Kids could easily help too, and you could leave off nuts if they don’t float your boat. It is nicked from a foodie magazine article written by AWT.
Sadly my husband and daughter hate bananas (drives me crazy- how could you hate bananas?!), so these are reserved for summer bbq’s.
- 4 ripe, but still firm bananas
- 225 g (8 oz) dark or milk chocolate, broken into squares
- 50 g (2 oz) unsalted butter
- 150 g (5 oz) chopped nuts, whichever ones you like!
1) Peel the bananas, then cut into chunks about 2 inches long. Push a cocktail stick into each chunk. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange the banana chunks on top. Place in the freezer for an hour.
2)Place the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stir until melted.
3) Put chopped nuts on a plate.
3)Remove the bananas from the freezer and dip them into the melted chocolate mixture, making sure that each chunk is completely coated. Quickly roll them in the chopped nuts to cover completely. Place the coated bananas back on the lined baking sheet and return to the freezer for about 30 minutes to harden.