Strawberry Cream Cheesecake
The cake would taste awesome with any fruit I think. I’ve done it with blueberries and without the cream topping too. Best in an 8 inch spring tin.
8oz (220g) of digestive biscuits or graham crackers
3&1/2 oz (100g) melted butter
7 oz (or however many you have to be honest!) of strawberries, hulled & chopped
plus the same again just hulled and cut in half to go on top
6&1/2 oz (180g) caster sugar
1lb5oz (600g) philly cheese
2 large eggs
3&1/2 oz (100g) marscapone cheese (if you want you could just use extra whipping cream instead, saves on one ingredient!)
3/4oz (20g) icing/confectioners sugar
3&1/2 oz double/thick cream
1)grease/paper a cake tin
2) crush cookies, add butter and mix up.
3) Put mix in the cake tin; compact it and flatten out. Put in fridge until topping is ready.
4)Put half the sugar and the chopped strawberries into a sauce pan with 1oz (30ml) of water. Bring to boil.
5) Reduce heat, boil until half the liquid is gone. Take off heat, set aside until cold.
6) Preheat oven to 320f (160c).
7) Mix together (with electric whisk or mixer preferably) the cheese and remaining sugar until smooth.
8) Add eggs and cooked strawberries.
9) Pour into cake tin, should be 2/3 the way full.
10) If you are going to skip the whipped cream, put halved strawberries on top about half way through cooking.
11) Bake about 45 minutes or until the middle stops being wobbly.
12) Allow to cool, and then refrigerate for a couple of hours.
13) Beat marscapone and whipping cream (or just whipping cream quantity doubled, or if you want just grab a can of the prewhipped stuff). Pour over the cake still in it’s case.
14) Add halved strawberries if you went for the cream option.
Like with all cheesecakes, if you’re taking it somewhere the next day, put it in the freezer overnight, and just take it out first thing in the morning. It won’t wobble so much and split in the car.